Content of Business
Content of Business
"Cancer vaccine therapy" is attracting attention as a fourth therapy option for patients who have run out of standard treatment options. Cancer vaccine continuously inhibits the recurrence and progression of cancer.
tella is a company that provides techniques and operational know-how to medical institutions and performs research and development on regenerative/cell medicine. tella contributes to the development of cancer treatment through the research and development of cancer vaccines.
“Vaccell” - tella's Dendritic Cell Vaccine
“Vaccell” is tella's unique dendritic cell vaccine technology, with one of the best clinical results in the world at present. The term “Vaccell,” which refers to tella's dendritic cell vaccine, is a coinage based on “vaccine + cell” and is intended to mean “cancer vaccine made of cells.”
- ※1 Effort on clinical research in cooperation with university hospitals
- Please see the following for more information on clinical research clinical research and academic papers
- ※2 ZNK cellular immunotherapy
- tella has made a cooperative research agreement with Nagasaki University Hospital in order to start a phase I clinical study of ZNK®cellular immunotherapy.
- ※3 Collaboration with Kyushu University
- tella has made a cooperative research agreement with Kyushu University and started a feasibility study (preliminary study) for the purpose of manufacturing cell drugs in accordance with the investigational product GMP for dendritic cell vaccines.
- ※4 Approved at Shinshu University Hospital
- In September 2012, Shinshu University Hospital was approved as a medical institution that performs dendritic cell vaccine therapy as “advanced medical care”. (Diseases that can be treated: breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreas cancer, gastric cancer and colon cancer)
tella receives technical and know-how fees from medical institutions under contract with tella in proportion to the number of sets of dendritic cell vaccine therapy performed.
According to the type of contract, medical institutions are classified into 3 categories: ① basic affiliated medical institutions, ② clinical affiliated medical institutions and ③ client medical institutions.
① Basic affiliated medical institutions
To these medical institutions, tella leases facilities, provides techniques, know-how, marketing and information aimed at medical institutions and patients, and grants a license so that these institutions can perform cancer immunotherapy based on dendritic cell vaccine therapy. In compensation, tella receives facility usage charges, technical/know-how fees and royalties in proportion to the number of sets of therapy performed. tella provides support for establishing institutions, and installs facilities in the case of new medical institutions and already established medical institutions.
② Affiliated medical institutions
To these medical institutions, tella provides techniques, know-how, marketing, information aimed at medical institutions and patients, and grants a license so that these institutions can perform cancer immunotherapy based on dendritic cell vaccine therapy. These institutions differ from basic affiliated medical institutions in that they do not pay facility usage charges to the tella group, because tella does not install facilities at these institutions.
③ Cooperative medical institutions
These medical institutions perform therapy in cooperation with basic affiliated medical institutions or affiliated medical institutions. According to the contract with the medical institutions in this category, tella provides support for marketing, the dissemination of information to medical institutions and patients, the coordination of health care professionals in the hospital, etc., and, in compensation, tella receives consulting fees.